Thursday, February 09, 2006

What Were You Thinking?

You tape one god damned episode of Modern Marvels and Tivo thinks you want to watch every episode of Monster Garage. Order a scarf on Amazon and they are suddenly recommending places to get your ass waxed. “If you like this record you might like this vegan treat.”!?!?

The internet has proved to me over and over that it's predictive algorithms do not work. Or at least do not work on me (he said smugly.)

Well, My good friend IKE recommended www.pandora.com and I'll be damned it works pretty good. Unlike so many other music suggestion “programs” it seems to know that the fact I like Clutch means I know Nickleback is utter crap.

Give it a try. It looks good. Works good (well pretty good.) And it is FREE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey davesomething -Colbert Report ripped this one off the other night - complaining that TIVO now tapes all shows of whatever kind it
was he taped the night before - End of the Earth disasters or something like that