Friday, January 19, 2007

Why Daddy Why?!

I was under the impression that geeks and nerds were really hitting their stride in the public eye. Terms like “Geek-Chic,” celebrities like Jack Black and Demetri Martin all had me thinking we were getting some respect. Then I get a slap in the face from GoDaddy.com. In a place where a geek should feel safe and in his element (a domain registry website) I was brutally attacked.

GoDaddy.com (as well as other companies) makes suggestions when the URL you are trying to snag is already taken. You try HobbitFans.com and they reply “HobbitFans.com is already taken. How about HobbitHome.com or HobbitSite.com?. It’s a helpful feature I suppose, but when you search GeekNerd.com and get DorkLoser.com as a suggested alternate well that’s just hurtful. >sniff<

Digg!

No comments: